Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of IT Infrastructure Services for installing, maintaining, and administering servers and virtual server environments in the College's network. The role will involve managing Active Directory, authentication services, and Group Policies, as well as investigating and troubleshooting issues related to servers and storage systems. The System Administrator will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing backup and recovery solutions that meet the College's needs, as well as ensuring the off-site storage of backup tapes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) In collaboration with the Director of IT Infrastructure Services, install, maintain, and administer all servers on the College’s network following accepted change control procedures and ensure all the latest patches are applied. Install and support the virtual server environments to support the needs of the campus. Support integrations with on-premises servers and cloud hosted solutions. Maintain and ensure effectiveness of servers and their associated operating systems, software, and maintenance contracts. (35%)
2) Manage Active Directory, authentication services and Group Policies. Manage user security, including creating, modifying, and removing user accounts and permissions, and ensure that automation processes using Orchestrator runbooks are efficient and secure. Manage and monitor Microsoft 365 environment including SharePoint environments and Office365 administration. Assist in development of strategies to maintain system security on all accounts, campus servers and storage systems. Responsible for the management of the DHCP and DNS servers that support the college. (20%)
3) Investigate and troubleshoot issues related to servers and storage systems. Ensure all the latest
patches are applied to storage systems. Provide support on break/fix issues related to hardware and software. Oversee the selection, installation, maintenance, and support of campus-wide storage solutions. (20%)
4) Monitor storage systems and server software performance on a regular basis. Develop and deploy methodologies for testing server performance and provide server performance statistics and reports. (5%)
5) Audit and Inventory College’s datacenter server and storage equipment. Ensure appropriate data center disciplines are followed and documented. Manage service contacts, maintenance, and
replacement cycles of all servers. (5%)
6) Design, implement, and manage backup and recovery solutions that meet the College's needs, including selecting appropriate backup technologies and backup frequency. Manage the backup systems to support the business continuity plan requirements. Responsible for ensuring that backup tapes are securely transported to off-site storage facilities and managing the inventory of tapes stored off-site. (10%)
7) Develop and maintain documentation related to Active Directory and authentication services administration, including policies, procedures, and technical specifications. (5%)
8) Other duties as assigned.
Employee proceeds independently working toward objectives established by the supervisor and requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and resolves most issues after consulting with supervisor.
Regular working schedule for this position is 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday. After successful onboarding is complete, the schedule is flexible allowing different start/end times with the possibility of 4 x 10-hour days or up to 2 days a week of remote work with the expectation to live within a commutable distance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or Associates Degree with 5 years of technical experience
• Two years of experience managing and configuring servers and enterprise-wide storage systems
• Knowledge of server virtualization environments, DHCP and DNS management
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues with a focus on attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, duties, and responsibilities while working both independently and with a team.
• Excellent interpersonal relation and communication skills to consult effectively with faculty and staff in a customer-focused manner
• Highly self-motivated with strong planning, organizational and time management skills
• Professional certifications preferred (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator)
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.