Print Production Manager
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Auxiliary Services for managing the production of print-related projects produced by the Wartburg Print Center. The center offers full-color digital printing of marketing materials, posters, letters, envelopes, and smaller publications for the campus community and outside community customers. The manager interacts with students, team members, college employees, customers, clients and guests of the college and reflects quality customer service to all.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the operations of the Wartburg Print Center, coordinating budgets, student employment, and pricing in consultation with supervisor; determining workflow, including estimating costs for projects and determining best printing solution based on expense, quality, and timeliness. (30%)
- Supervise Print Center Operator, collaborating to prioritize jobs and workflow, manage paper selections, as well as develop budgets and make computer hardware, software, and printing equipment maintenance and upgrade plans. (15%)
- Provide pre-press work when submitted projects are not print-ready. (15%)
- Work with supervisor to process billings, including in-house print requisitions and outside vendor invoices; provide monthly reports from PrintShopPro system to Business Office. (10%)
- Monitor monthly print production revenue with Xerox representative. (10%)
- Be able to operate printing and finishing equipment for most commonly requested jobs, especially in the absence of the Print Center Operator or student employees. (5%)
- Work with the mail center manager to ensure projects meet mailing regulations; provide mailing lists, arrange postal payment. (5%)
- Facilitate college stationery orders (letterhead, envelopes, business cards, post-its, etc.) (5%)
- Work with supervisor and other departments as appropriate to market print and related services to external customers. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee reports directly to the Director of Auxiliary Services and is expected to proactively communicate and collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Marketing & communication Office to ensure effective workflows for marketing-related print projects and ensuing logos are properly used in Wartburg print jobs. Employee is expected to demonstrate initiative and pursue completion of established objectives prioritizing their own work and resolving unusual cases in consultation with their supervisor.
Requires bachelor’s degree or four years of experience in pre-press operations and/or print production and project management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college.