Office Coordinator, Alumni & Parent Engagement
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement for providing general office support, event preparations and logistics, and editing and proofreading proficiency. Limited evening and/or weekend work for special events or projects required. Incumbent works with students, team members, college employees, donors, and/or guests of the college, treating all with respect.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and support for Alumni and Parent Engagement events, including Homecoming & Family Weekend, Keep On Learning, Senior Pig Roast, Young Alumni Awards, Alumni Board meetings, student programming events, alumni tours, meetings, etc.
- Prepare correspondence/invitations/mass mailings (edit letters, generate address lists, utilize mail merge, create/stuff envelopes, work with Print Center/Mail Center as needed)
- Organize information for programs and schedules.
- Process purchase orders for payment of services.
- Document deposits for income receipts.
- Prepare and send mailings for special interest groups.
- Format and print tickets, posters, award certificates, etc.
- Enter registrations, process payments for registrants, maintain running total of event numbers.
- Create nametags, seating charts, place cards.
- Order promotional items (t-shirts, etc.) and plaques or medals, as appropriate.
- Supervise workers for events.
- Coordinate meal counts and dietary needs with dining services.
- Respond to questions from outside constituents.
- Provide hosting services.
- Setup/teardown during events.
- Collaborate with other divisions, staff, or constituents as needed.
- Manage call of events list.
- Track appropriate event data and assist with database coding to be used and referenced in future years.
- Assist with editing and proofreading of emails and publications.
- Answer phones; receive and respond to constituents’ request for information, field questions, take messages, transfer calls.
- Maintain budgets and expense reports for Alumni & Parent Relations, Annual Giving, Student Homecoming and others.
- Maintain and procure office supplies.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail.
- Process alumni update information and prepare address/email lists.
- Prepare and send various documents and materials to alumni and families; facilitate Wartburg Legacy Program for alumni children.
- Assist with Booster Club ticket distribution, database coding, and tracking.
- In collaboration with Director of Annual Giving and Annual Giving Program Manager, provide office support for Annual Giving and athletic solicitations.
- Welcome and greet donors, alumni, students, and staff; receive guests to the Institutional Advancement office, provide directions, escort visitors on campus.
- Support other Institutional Advancement projects as needed, providing collaboration or backup to other Office Coordinators.
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, maintain calendars.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including potentially supervising student employees.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
Requires knowledge equivalent to an Associate's Degree plus two years of related experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote); writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and accuracy; aptitude for utilizing a comprehensive constituent database, online tools, and other software/technology resources; ability to collaborate in a team environment; capable of organizing and prioritizing multiple work assignments; ability to contribute to the cultivation of positive relationships on behalf of the college; ability to maintain confidentiality standards in safeguarding donor information/records; appreciation for the liberal arts college environment and mission of Wartburg.
Send letter of interest including a statement regarding qualities within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
WARTBURG COLLEGE is a selective liberal arts college of the ELCA, nationally recognized for community engagement. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution, Wartburg College actively seeks applications from underrepresented groups.