Food Service Associate
Title of Position – Food Service Associate
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Mensa Service Manager and Student Employment Coordinator for set up, service and clean up. The main focus of this position is to assist in meal setup, cleanup, and providing quality customer service during meal periods.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Assist in set up, service and cleanup of food service areas including food court areas, dining room and dish room. Maintain aesthetics and sanitation standards in all areas. (65%)
2) Prepare food for service and maintain a stocked buffet line. Ensure that customer service and food quality standards are met. (20%)
3) Ensure that specific recipes and methods of food production and service are followed. Record amounts used and gather data for such reports at end of meal. (10%)
4) Assist in execution of recycling, composting, and other related tasks. (5%)
5) Other duties as assigned.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and consults with the supervisor on unusual cases.
One year experience in food service or related area, HS diploma or GED, basic math proficiency using calculator, decimals and fractions, ability to communicate clearly and effectively, and customer service skills. Position involves frequent standing, walking, use of hands and lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.