Function of Position:
This on-campus role is responsible to the Executive Director of Admissions for assisting and advising students with admissions questions and concerns and for recruitment in specific geographic territories.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview prospective students; maintain contact with applicants; counsel families through college search and financial aid process in assigned territory, assist with campus visit days and scholarship day planning. (50%)
- Research and plan travel, manage budget, develop an outreach plan, initiate contacts with high school counselors, youth directors, pastors, alumni, parents of prospective students, and cultivate relationships within an assigned territory. (25%)
- Assist in the management of social media engagement platform for prospective students. (15%)
- Work with multiple constituents to recruit culturally and experientially diverse students within recruitment territory. (10%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
BA and strong communication skills; must be self-motivated, willing to travel extensively, work evenings and weekends; ability to plan and organize multiple projects; capacity to relate well to diverse constituencies; ability to articulate the value of a liberal arts education; enthusiasm, energy, creativity and humor. Prefer experience in admissions, counseling, or marketing/public relations; multi-lingual speakers.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.