Principal Function Of The Position:
The primary responsibility of this position will be the daily planning of select manufactured and purchased parts, which includes the requisitioning and releasing of job orders. This individual will also monitor inventory levels and record keeping processes throughout the plant and provide other support data used to establish forecasts for the manufacturing operations at the Shell Rock facility.
This position also is responsible for maintaining effective communications with co-workers, supervisors, and managers at all levels within the Shell Rock plant that are impacted by his/her daily work activities. This individual must also interact daily with his/her supervisor and co-workers to promote and maintain a work environment that encourages employee involvement, participation, and teamwork.
Primary Responsibilities of This Position:
- Planning of select manufacturing and purchased parts.
- Assists in daily scheduling and release of production orders and purchasing requisitions.
- Identify inventory errors and make the appropriate corrections to the problem inventories. Record any corrective actions.
- Periodically monitor “Bills of Materials” for accuracy.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback on information used for forecasting, planning, and scheduling.
- Provide direct assistance in coordinating and executing annual inventory audits.
Reporting and Project Responsibilities of This Position:
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by Planning Supervisor or Supply Chain Manager.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by senior management of the company.
- Provide project support functions as directed by the senior management of the company.
This position requires an individual with a Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Management or another related discipline. A person who possesses an Associate degree in one of these related disciplines and has 2-3 plus years of applied work experience in inventory management, planning and/or scheduling in a heavy manufacturing environment, can substitute the required Bachelor's degree with this experience.
Job Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Proficiency in written, verbal and interpersonal and shop floor communications skills are critical.
- Proficiency in critical thinking skills and multi-tasking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency in general computer skills.
- Prior experience (minimum 1-3 years) working with materials requisition planning and scheduling.
- Prior working knowledge of heavy manufacturing, fabrication, coating and assembly processes.
- Prior working knowledge of shipping and distribution processes.
- Prior working knowledge of MRP/APS production planning and scheduling system and processes.
- Proficiency in reading, understanding and apply various blue prints and technical documentation.
- Proficiency in use of planning, scheduling and releasing computer software.
- $0 Medical Insurance Premiums after 30 days
- 1 week paid vacation after 3 months
- Profit Sharing (up to 15% of wages) and 401(k) retirement plans
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program (with the ability to earn an additional $400)
- Family owned, world class farm equipment manufacturing since 1948
- Wide variety of agricultural implements
- State of the art manufacturing facilities and equipment
- Focus on quality manufacturing while maintaining a safe and healthy workplace