Tool & Die Maker
Waterloo Works Factory Skilled Trades – Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker employees use a wide variety of departmental machines, regular toolmaker’s tools to repair production equipment in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment. They must troubleshoot and repair production tooling in an efficient manner while following strict safety practices and OSHA regulations. In addition, they are expected to:
- Perform tasks necessary to support operations in a team environment
- Support preventative maintenance programs to maximize equipment uptime
- Work with minimal supervision
- Supply their own tools
- Work shifts (choice of shift based on seniority)
- Acceptable Journeyman’s status
- 2 years’ experience as Tool and Die Maker
- AAS degree in Tool & Die Making
- All around tool room machining and CNC machining background
- Experience building, repairing, and revising jigs and fixtures as well as machine/fixture alignment
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing manufacturing tooling and processes
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, gear trains, precision measuring instruments, welding, air logic, etc.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), computer literacy and project planning skills
Starting pay $34.10/hour
Please note: You must have a high school diploma, GED or 3 year experience to apply. Proof is required.
Apply online at www.johndeere.jobs - Choose USA - Choose Wage & Production Opportunities - Choose U.S. Jobs
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) accepted.
A drug screen will be part of the pre-employment process.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.