Mechanical Maintenance position
Waterloo Works Foundry Skilled Trades – Mechanical Maintenance position
Mechanical Maintenance employees perform all mechanical maintenance and repairs to facilities and production equipment in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment. They must troubleshoot and repair production equipment in an efficient manner while following strict safety practices and OSHA regulations. In addition, they are expected to:
- Perform tasks necessary to support operations in a team environment
- Support preventative and predictive maintenance programs to maximize equipment uptime
- Work with minimal supervision
- Supply their own tools
- Available to work off shifts
- Acceptable Journeyman’s card in Machine Maintenance and/or equivalent Military education/experience
- AAS degree in Mechanical Technology or
- Related field and minimum of 1 year experience in a mechanical trade
- Experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and rebuilding manufacturing equipment
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication, welding, bearings, gear boxes, machine alignment, lube systems, PMs, etc.
- Ability to deal with multiple activities, requests, and emergencies
- Ability to read mechanical, hydraulic blueprints
- Electrical knowledge
Starting pay $34.10/hour
Apply online at www.johndeere.jobs/wage
A drug screen will be part of the pre-employment process.
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.