Mechanical Maintenance employees perform all mechanical maintenance and repairs to facilities and production equipment in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment. They must troubleshoot and repair production equipment in an efficient manner while following strict safety practices and OSHA regulations. In addition, they are expected to:
- Perform tasks necessary to support operations in a team environment
- Support preventative and predictive maintenance programs to maximize equipment uptime
- Work with minimal supervision
- Supply their own tools
- Must be willing and able to work shifts (choice of shift based on seniority), overtime and weekends as needed
- Acceptable Journeyman’s card in Machine Maintenance and/or equivalent Military education/experience
- AAS degree in Mechanical Technology, or related field, and minimum of 1 year experience in related industrial experience
- Experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and rebuilding manufacturing equipment
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication, welding, bearings, gear boxes, machine alignment, lube systems, PMs, etc.
- Ability to deal with multiple activities, requests, and emergencies
- Ability to read mechanical, hydraulic blueprints
- Electrical knowledge
Starting pay $34.51/hour
Please note: You must be at least 18 years of age, legally eligible to work in the United States (on a full time, regular basis), have a High School Diploma, GED, National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) or 3 years manufacturing experience to apply. Proof is required. Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (safety shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.)
Apply online at http://www.johndeere.jobs/wage – Click View All Jobs. Search for Waterloo.
A drug screen, background check, and physical exam will be part of the pre-employment process.
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.