PROBATION/PAROLE OFFICER I POSITIONS
(4) PROBATION/PAROLE OFFICER I POSITIONS
(2 Positions) Waterloo Probation/Parole
527 E 5th Street, Waterloo, Iowa 50703
(1 Position) Waterloo Women’s Center For Change
1515 Lafayette St, Waterloo, Iowa 50703
(1 Position) Oelwein Probation/Parole
1584 S Frederick Ave, Oelwein, IA 50662
Regular Hours 6:00am - 3:00pm with evenings as assigned
(1) Waterloo PPO Sun & Mon Off
(1) Waterloo PPO Fri & Sat Off
(1) Waterloo WWCC Fri & Sat Off
(1) Oelwein PPO Fri & Sat Off
Annual Salary Range:
$47,091.20 - $70,387.20
Starting wage is negotiable and will be determined at time of hire.
HR Contact: Lori Fox 319-292-1283
Benefits: • Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Life Insurance • Long – Term Disability • Flex Spending Accounts • IPERS Retirement Benefits & Deferred Compensation Accounts • Vacation & Sick Accruals • Paid Holidays
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under general supervision, performs entry level professional tasks such as assessment and casework involving clients under correctional supervision including: Pretrial, presentence, low risk probation, parole or residential programs. Performs related work as required. They may also co-facilitate informational and educational groups.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from a four year accredited college or university; or
- Two years of college (minimum 48 hours) at an accredited college or university and two years of human
service/criminal justice experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to equal four years; or ⮚ Thirty-six months of satisfactory employment as a Residential Officer in a district or a similar position in another jurisdiction or agency.
NESESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Barring reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, designated positions in this job class require applicants to possess, obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and the ability to be insured and maintain insurability under the district’s auto insurance coverage.
Satisfactory completion of a background investigation and criminal history check.
Successful completion of psychological testing and examination as required.
Medical examination to certify ability to physically perform the essential functions of the position.
Successful completion of a urinalysis test for illegal substances.
Designated positions in this job class require applicants to possess IRR/IVVI and DRAOR user certification or have the ability to obtain and maintain said certification within first year of employment.