Engineering Technician I
Engineering Technician I – 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
Perform engineering assignments under the direction of Engineering Manager with ongoing coordination of Engineering Staff, Quality Department and Supervisors to support continuous improvement activities.
- Identify, implement, and monitor suggestions for cost reductions on existing and new products.
- Assists with defining and planning continuous improvement projects and approaches to be investigated.
- Conducts preliminary root cause investigations.
- Supports problem solving and decision-making activities or may be chosen to lead activities.
- Prepares engineering/maintenance documents for review.
- Maintains accurate and complete project files.
- Responsible for adherence to all company safety and housekeeping rules.
- Troubleshoot quality, tooling, and production/delivery problems.
- Set up and adjust tooling of all types.
- Verify conformance of machined parts to specifications with appropriate measuring devices.
- Maintain and improve processes in accordance with ISO procedures
SKILL AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A two-year technical degree level of knowledge in machining and industrial engineering. Requires team-oriented leadership skills and continuing education/training industrial engineering techniques.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent job experience.
- CNC lathe and mill experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Able to use precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators and profilometers.
- Understanding & comprehension of GD&T tolerances.
- Basic understanding of foundry locators and fixturing principles, fixture setup and fixture maintenance and repair.
- Basic process troubleshooting such as chatter, speeds and feeds, coolant, tool holders etc.
- Basic PC skill with Windows based software.
- Ability to read and write CNC programs for lathes and mills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Monthly Quality Bonus
Join our Growing BHE TEAM!
If you meet our qualifications, please apply in person, or send resume to:
118 Blackhawk Lane
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Post-employment drug screen and physical required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.